A Raffi Jewellers Sales Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, building individual sales and upholding the standards of the Raffi’s brand. All Raffi Jewellers Sales Associates should strive for continuous improvement through a focused work ethic and ongoing training. They have solid knowledge of products and brands throughout the store. They are outgoing and optimistic. They look for opportunities to exceed their customers’ expectations, to surprise and delight by going ’above and beyond’ what is expected. Exceptional service is expected, recognized and celebrated.
Skills and Attributes
- Passionate about providing exceptional service to every customer, regardless of need
- Driven, enthusiastic, and self-motivated; with a positive attitude and team-centric orientation
- Entrepreneurial spirit in how business is conducted and how the store is maintained
- Able to work a flexible full-time schedule, including weekends, evenings, and holidays
- GIA education, or other gemological training is a plus
- Computer proficiency is required (keyboard, web browsing, Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work a task to completion
Role and Responsibilities
· Come properly dressed and groomed for business environment. Business professional attire – no jeans
· Jewellery worn must be of equal quality to merchandise
· Able to show successful sales performance in a high-end retail environment
· Maintain sales targets on a weekly and/or monthly basis
· Continuously strive to be the best you can be through development of your personal skill set as outlined on your development plans
· Establish and develop strong customer relationships through professional and superior service
· Maintain a record of repairs and process them in a timely and organized fashion
· Accountable for dealing with and displaying new merchandise shipments in a timely manner
· Follow up with service where repair has exceeded usual turn-around time
· Answer calls, check phone messages, and respond to e-mails and faxes in a timely manner and with professionalism
· Maintain and rearrange merchandise displays, especially following a successful sale
· Participate in and complete company training programs
· Follow all security and loss prevention procedures
· Clean customer’s jewellery, change watch batteries and watch straps once trained
· Attend and assist with special events at the store
· Arrive 10 minutes before shift to huddle and discuss what happened with a colleague on the shift priori to your start. Proper hand-offs are required.
· Maintain front room store cleanliness through sweeping, cleaning showcases, collection of garbage and recycling.
· Follow a backroom washroom and room cleaning schedule, etc.
· Complete assignments on project teams for operational improvements
· Continue to increase your knowledge of jewellery by attending mandatory store meetings and completing necessary training at home when required
· Be enthusiastic, energetic, productive, and positive
· Duties are not limited to the above, and may change when necessary